Wednesday, October 13, 2010

field trip to the firehouse







Today Aiden and all the other lucky second graders got to tour the neighborhood firehouse and training center. Any visions of cute firefighter were dashed when I realized most of them are approximately ten years older than my own son and today I officially became a cougar (not really).The real highlight of my day was when one of the kids told the EMT they were a 'supernurse' and she said 'No, nurses are much smarter..." Let that be a lesson to Aiden that I am really smart. The kiddos were able to tour the sleeping quarters, kitchen, ambulance and firetrucks. Aiden's highlight was donning real firefighter gear and shooting the firehose.

3 comments:

Mary said...

SUPERNURSES ROCK!!!

Erin said...

Mmmm...firefighters.

rebecca said...

I'll be a cougar with you; yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails