Sunday, January 8, 2012

cabin fever {not really}

In between Christmas and New Years the kids and I headed up to my parents cabin for some winter time r&r. Dale had to stay home and work. My sister, her husband and their adorable little guy as well as my parents were able to enjoy the beautiful weather and just the right amount of snow.
We snowmobiled a fair bit and the neighbor lent Aiden the perfect sized snowmobile to ride himself. Amelia was my riding partner and she held on tight and kept telling me to go faster!
The second day at the cabin we trekked out to find a Christmas tree we could set up on the deck and decorate. The kids dug a snow tunnel with the help of their uncle and left a surprise note inside for their cousin that was coming to visit this week.







Amelia and I built a miniature snowman because the snow is so dry and frozen up there you can't get the snow to stick together.  The temperatures were higher than normal and the top of the frozen lake was a little slushy so we weren't able to try out our new found skating prowess but there's always next year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails