Thursday, April 19, 2012

sun run








Last Sunday I finished my first 10k in Vancouver! It was a very fun, challenging and rewarding experience. Two and a half weeks before the run I started having a lot of pain and some numbness in my right leg. It turned out to be a very inflamed it (iliotibial band) and bulging disk in my back. So frustrating and disappointing when you are working so hard to improve your health. With some rest from running, painful sports massage and stretching with my new best friend (a foam roller aka 'the sausage') I was still able to participate in the run with my friends. My leg started to hurt a few minutes after starting the run but I was still able to run the entire distance. The most frustrating part of the run was the sheer volume of people (49,000) and the constant weaving around people. I'm so proud of our lil running group and look forward to our next challenge....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails