Wednesday, August 22, 2012

danskin 2012

My very first triathlon and I loved it! I loved participating in this all women's sprint triathlon last week end in Seattle. My attitude towards this event had been participation more than competition (or comparison) and it made such a difference. Two of my favorite girls weren't with us this time but we also had some new faces that helped make this week end complete. It started with a 0.5 mile swim in Lake Washington which was 'surprisingly' warm. Then a great 12 mile bike ride that included riding across the I-90 floating bridge. Followed by what felt like the slowest 5k of my life but no one was passing me. My times were 21 min for the swim, 45 min for the bike and 29 for the run. With transition times I finished in 1:43. Next year my goal will be 1:39! Overall place 530/1544.






Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Mary said...

So proud of you!

Rachel said...

LOVE this! Way to go Jen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails