Tuesday, June 17, 2008

popsicle ideas


This morning I made a batch of smoothies and put them in popsicles molds. It made 7 1/2 popsicles and then I came up with the genius idea to top the half full one with yogurt. (don't you love it when you are so clever so early in the morning?) Aiden is very excited about making popsicles this summer and I thought I would share a few ideas I came across online:

freeze applesauce (or flavored applesauce) in popsicle molds (Amelia would love these!)

add sprinkles to softened frozen yogurt or ice cream and pour into popsicle molds

watermelom popsicles ( I always have leftover watermelon)
1 cup of each cubed seeded watermelon chunks, juice and water mix in blender and pour into molds and freeze

pudding pops
make a batch of pudding add crushed cookies or sprinkles if desired, pour in popsicle molds and freeze

margarita popsicles
if you have leftover margarita mix, pour into a popsicle mold and freeze ( make sure these are properly labeled!)

I use an empty yogurt container in the freezer and place any fruit that's too ripe to eat or juice from canned fruit in it and then I'm ready when it's time to make smoothies or popsicles!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Great ideas Jen, I bought another popsicle mold yesterday. I keep buying them and forget where I put them. When Aiden comes for a weekend and hopefully it is sunny we can make popsicles together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails