Monday, October 26, 2009

pumpkin carving




















Last night we got our fall groove on and carved pumpkins. One of my children (not Amelia) was very skirmish about the pumpkin guts but after some help from his little sister he was ready to start creating. Aiden has a monster/alien theme going on, Amelia has a kitty cat (surprise, surprise) that she added numerous kitty cat stripes with a pen while Dale was trying to carve, I drilled holes into my pumpkin for a fun polka dot theme that took less than 30 seconds (love that) {for all my love of the holidays I don't like carving pumpkins or decorating Christmas trees} and Dale carved our name into the fourth one. I had to give you such precise details because it will be hard to make them out from the pictures. Afterwards we feasted on gingerbread waffles, chicken and apple sausages, hot apple cider and roasted pumpkin seeds. It was a great end to one of the most boring and rainiest Sundays we've had in awhile.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Next year I'm comming over for the wonderful fall meal...sounds GRRRRREAT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails