Monday, March 15, 2010

silly time change


I never had trouble with the time change until I had kids. I remember the first year Aiden was about 6 weeks old and Dale's sister and husband were visiting from the east coast. We showed up at church just as everyone was leaving and I thought they had just cancelled the 11:00 o'clock service that day (because after sitting for 15 minutes the church seemed empty). We then headed over to Bob's for brunch and they sat us down and were very attentive to our table and making sure we had lots of food. Then they asked my BIL if they could take down the buffet tables. He is a pretty big football player looking guy but I thought it was a little over the top to treat us that way. After brunch we toured the tulip fields and had a nice relaxing day. Just before bed we realized it had been the time change the night before and all those funny inconveniences made a lot more sense (we missed church and the brunch buffet was over 5 minutes after we arrived). Fast forward seven years, this year the kids were up late the night of the time change but we made it to church for 9:30 (really 8:30) and I was feeling like I had really evolved in adapting to this time change business. We went to Canada for a family birthday party. We drove back home around dinner time and Amelia fell asleep 5 minutes after we got in the car and we could not wake her up when we got home, we tried everything and then just put her to bed. She of course woke up 5 minutes after we went to bed at 10:00 and refused to fall back asleep until 2:30 am. I woke up at 8:32 this morning and panicked. Aiden had to be at school in 15 minutes. Luckily, he was already awake and dressed and he ate the speediest breakfast while I packed his lunch and sent him to school with the neighbors. Amelia is still asleep and I am so glad I don't have any early appointments today! Why can't we be like Arizona and ignore the time changes?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails