Saturday, August 7, 2010

bad news

Yesterday, Dale was trying to impress his seven year old son by doing jumps at the bike park. He took a really bad spill and broke his plevis. We are currently at Harborview awaiting surgery for a top rated surgeon for this particular surgery but this could take several days. Poor Dale has 10 pounds of traction hanging off his right leg and they had to insert the traction pin twice last night through his femur bone. I think I was witness to a see one, do one, teach one that didn't go well. His surgery will take about 4 hours and he will be staying in the hospital a few days following with no weight bearing on the right leg for 6-8 weeks. Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Prayers comming...please let us know if we can do anything.

rebecca said...

I am so sorry to hear about Dale; I will keep him and your family in my prayers. PLEASE let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do for you guys. Kids, meals, Randy can come over and keep him company, drinks, etc, ANYTHING my friend. Call me when you can.

Grandma said...

We are here for you. Our prayer for today is that Dale will have the surgery ASAP and all goes well.
Love from Mom and Dad
Grandma and Grandpa

Emily said...

Oh Jenn!!! I am so sorry about all you have to go through..not to mention the kitchen ;( Let me know if you need anything, I am assuming that meals are definitely a thing you need for sure, so count me in!!! You guys are in my prayers!

Sara Blair said...

praying for a successful surgery...so sorry!

Heather said...

In my thoughts constantly... scary and painful and just plain overwhelming. Please let me know what I can do...
But think of the story that Aiden will have for his first day of 2nd grade...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails