Friday, August 20, 2010

hello...

the past few weeks seem too have derailed my life a little bit. I was shocked at the absolute terrible timing of Dale's accident. We had just ordered our cabinets,flooring and granite and signed the contracts to commit to pay for everything in the next 6 weeks using the majority of our savings (who knew you really do need that emergency fund?) Dale's injury required him to be transferred to the scariest hospital I've ever set foot in. The ER waiting room was quite the experience. I felt like my safe and cozy life had just been ripped out from under my feet. But then it just didn't seem to stop. We had a plumbing leak over the week end that I was in Seattle with Dale that ruined the kitchen hardwood and playroom ceiling and flooring where we were planning on setting up a temporary kitchen. Dale had to wait 3 days for surgery and then the day of his surgery we found out some upsetting health news about my sweet Grandpa. I felt that everything was falling apart at once and I had no control over anything. But...everything did not fall apart instead we have been witness to the most unbelievable amount of selflessness and genorosity from friends and family. We cannot express our gratitude enough but please know Dale and I incredibly grateful for all of you.

1 comment:

~beautyandjoy~ said...

We are still here and still on call for anything. Including getting some guys to help you with anything you might want or need to life, move etc. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails