Thursday, October 6, 2011

oven roasted lemon rosemary chicken bake

I made this last night for dinner it was easy and delicious and only used one pan! I had the sad realization last week that my kids do no like stews, chili, soups or anything that comes out of a crock pot. Darn it.
This meal I could present on their plates separated and they were none the wiser.

8 chicken legs ( I used 2 packages of boneless skinless chicken tenderloins)
1 pounds of potatoes, quartered ( I used red potatoes)
1 lemon cut into eighths
10 garlic cloves, peeled
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt and pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
1 glass of dry white wine ( I think you could use chicken broth)

place chicken, lemon, potatoes, garlic cloves, rosemary in roasting pan, pour olive oil over and stir to distribute, sprinkle generously pepper and salt, splash with wine, bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Serve with a green salad. This is the perfect dish for company because it smells and tastes delicious but takes so little time to make.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails