Friday, August 3, 2007

Recipe of the Week! Veggie Ciabatta Sandwiches

I want to try and post a new recipe that I tried or created each week. We'll see how long I can keep that up! Anyway, I invented this one this week when it was too hot to turn on the oven and I didn't have anything prepared for dinner.
Veggie Ciabatta Sandwiches
1 sm zucchinni
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 sliced onion
1/2 sliced red pepper
2 ciabatta buns (the ones from costco are really tasty!)
caesar/ranch dressing
any grated cheese
feta cheese
Saute the veggies with salt,pepper and thyme until soft. Cut buns in half. Spread some salad drsg or mayo on bun ( I used tom sauce for myself) Load the bun half with veggies, top with cheeses and broil in the oven/toaster oven for a few minutes until melted. Serve with a salad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails