Friday, September 21, 2007

Harvest Pork (or chicken)

one of my favorite fall recipes! This Sunday is the first day of fall!
1tsp butter
1 tsp oil
4 pork loin chops or chicken breasts
1 1/4 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp curry
heat butter and oil in a frying pan, add pork/chkn, turning meat, evenly sprinkle with cumin and curry. Cook over medium heat, turning often, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
Pour 1 cup of apple juice over top
Cover and simmer for about 12 minutes ( I find it always takes longer) turning often. Remove meat and cover. Boil juice uncovered, stirring often until reduced to a 1/2 cup. Stir in 3/4 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt) Pour over meat. I make rice with this meal and the sauce is really good over rice!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I don't know if I like curry that much, can I borrow 3/4 t. of it before I spend $7 on an entire bottle if you have it? I'd love to try this recipe for the equinox! (you don't say solstice for this time of year do you?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails