Wednesday, November 7, 2007

African Peanut Soup

I made my own version yesterday trying to use up some coconut milk. I tried calling it peanut butter soup but it still didn't fly with Aiden. Both Aiden and Dale don't like soup. Well, Dale will eat canned soup but not home made soup. Crazy!
1 chopped onion
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 green and red pepper chopped
2 carrots chopped
sautee vegetables until soft approx 10 minutes. Add:
4 cups chkn broth
1 cup coconut milk (optional)
2/3 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
2 cans chick peas drained
salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
Cook approx 15 minutes, remove from heat, use a hand blender to blenderize soup. Add chopped peanuts and cilantro to top of soup when serving if desired!
I served the soup with tortilla wedges sprayed with olive oil and garlic powder baked in the oven for 5 minutes. I cut the tortillas with a pizza cutter and discovered it chops peanuts pretty well too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails