Friday, November 2, 2007

the laundry room





I have a very narrow room that is called our laundry room. It's the first room you enter from the garage so it's definitely a source of clutter! I have figured out a few solutions that I wanted to share. One of my favorite is the over the door shoe hanger - it's a super efficient cheap way to be organized for the comings and goings of the house. In the summer it's a great place to store sunscreen and sunglasses and the winter for gloves and hats. I also use it for our keys and border info. I find labeling some pockets is helpful in gently reminding certain members of my household where things go. I'd like to say it has stopped the " honey, have you seen my keys?" but it hasn't. Some things are beyond help and I have accepted this when it comes to Dale and keys! I am fortunate to have cupboard storage space in this room as well. So of course I've labelled the shelves and divided into categories ie household, cleaning, laundry etc. One last thing http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/web/forms/stain.pdf I printed off and posted inside the cupboard door for quick reference.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails