Thursday, May 14, 2009

perpetual motion.

Today was National bike or walk to school/work day. It was raining when I went to bed last night and raining when I got up. I thought it would be okay to drive since we walk to school alot just not when it's raining or cold (which has been alot the past few months). Aiden had a hissy at 8:25am when I told him we would be driving and the tears started because he wouldn't be able to go to the 'celebration station' by the bike racks. I looked in the garage and my bike and the trailer were hanging from the ceiling. You know what happens when I try to get things down from the ceiling. I decided Aiden could ride his bike and I would push Amelia in the covered stroller. I put on my waterproof coat by this time is is 8:40am and the 'celebration station' closes at 8:50 with the first bell. Aiden rides his bike and I start running to keep up and make our 8:50 deadline. I am running on a full stomach, full bladder (not a good thing after two children) uphill, first thing in the morning (I sense a mother of the year award or something). We made it just in time as the first bell rang. Aiden was able to get a bottle of water, goldfish and a sticker (sooo worth it). I stopped off at my friend Jodi's to catch my breath, use the bathroom and quickly realized we would be late for Amelia's dance class. We walked back home (I'm not a sucker for punishment) and got in the car to drive to dance class. After dance class I took Amelia to get her haircut, walked all the way to the door and realized it was no longer in business (my hair place just went out of business too) got Amelia back in the car, took her to another hair place, got her haircut and headed back to Aiden's school to pick him up. I had plans to try and make breakfast cookies after school with the kids. Halfway through the recipe I realized we didn't have enough rolled oats so I loaded the kids up and headed to the grocery store. Spent $93 on rolled oats (you know how you go for one thing but then buy a bunch of stuff you didn't plan on). Drove home, finished cookies, fed kids, put Amelia down for a nap. Now I need to put away the groceries, finish last 2 loads of laundry, clean bathrooms, eat lunch, have shower and figure out dinner. I hate these days that sitting down for 15 minutes feels like an impossibility. (Typing this only took five minutes if that crossed your mind).

1 comment:

Mary said...

Whew...that makes me tired just reading it!!! I guess I'll stick with the sick kids and my book!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails