Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the letterman show



A few days before we left for our trip we found out we had tickets for Letterman. Last time we were in New York we failed the trivia portion and were denied tickets. Luckily Dale had a correct answer this time. We went to pick up our tickets the day of the show after our tour of Liberty Island. When we received our tickets we were told to stand aside from the group of people we had been standing with. They told the group what time to come back for the taping of the show and then a guy took Dale and I outside. Once outside he told us we had been hand selected "because of your dazzling smiles" while waiting in line. I was terrified we were going to be interviewed on the street (and not know the answer) or have do some crazy stunt. All I could think of how gross I looked after schlepping around the statue and lower Manhattan for the last 8 hours. Dale offered to take me shopping for a new outfit or make up but I opted for a few glasses of liquid courage from Serafina instead. When we returned to the theatre we found out all our 'VIP' status meant is we (along with 30 other people) got to sit in the front two rows of the show, use the restroom before the show, promise not to chew gum, we had to clap and cheer loudly. It was really fun we saw Rainn Wilson from the Office and the rest of the guests I didn't know. The show we were at aired last Friday and you can see Dale and I when the camera sweeps the audience. That probably was my 5 minutes of fame.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

LAST Friday?? Why didn't you blog sooner - I want to see! (Oh right, you were enjoying a great vacation!) Do you have it taped or anything??

How are the kiddos today? I couldn't get ahold of anyone at Rebound yesterday but I left a message. Hopefully it got to the right person.

Heather said...

I taped it and saw you and Dale (Brady spotted you too!) Well, I DVR'ed it so I don't know how I can burn it for you... You both had your dazzling smiles on!

rebecca said...

I so want to see it!!!! I would LOVE to go see David (I love him). Sounds like you have a wonderful trip.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails