Tuesday, July 14, 2009

statue of liberty


















I'm not sure where to begin exactly so I'll just jump right into the middle of our trip. Dale was really excited to go and see the Statue of Liberty this trip. Me not so much. I'm not a huge American history person (maybe it has something to with going to school in Canada) beaver pelts and Cabot is more my style (just kidding). But marriage is about compromise. We took the early train into the city and found that there where no tickets available to go inside the monument that day. Dale worked his tourist magic and we were able to get reserve tickets and go inside the monument and skip the first waiting line. Less than 1% of people are able to get crown tickets and I think Dale wasn't satisfied until he heard that fact. It was interesting and I'm glad I went but we didn't take the kids this time. I think we waited a total of 2 plus hours in lines and security checks that day and it was enough for adults I can't imagine doing it with kids.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Looks like fun...btw, love your skirt!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails