Friday, July 29, 2011

{thursday} 7.28.11














Today feels like one of those days I can't do anything right. Especially as a Mom. Amelia woke up whiny and grumpy. We couldn't agree on anything for breakfast until I suggested a smoothie. While making the smoothie I lifted the lid and tried to push down the frozen fruit, and wound up with smoothie all over Amelia and myself. Then I am frantically trying to get the kids and ready and out the door for 8:10. As the kids are getting in the car, the boys are throwing the booster seats in the back and Aiden informs me his friends don't use boosters. They are close to a year older than him. I have that internal struggle and decide to let them not use boosters and deal with Aiden later. When we pick up the third boy, he brings out Pokemon cards and the other two boys are start talking and trading cards, leaving Aiden out. Aiden has never been interested in Pokemon (thankfully) but I feel sorry for him being left out. He asked to go to Target last night and get Pokemon cards and I had said no, not realizing what was going on at camp this year.  I dropped the boys off at camp and Amelia at dance. I came home to get my much needed first cup of coffee of the day. My machine won't work and is flashing the descale button, perfect. I make  some french press and sit on the deck and try to catch up on this project. Time flies and it's time to pick up Amelia from dance. We eat lunch and I finally start laundry and cleaning bathrooms.Dale surprises me with flowers after work! Then he is off to go fishing with a friend for the evening. We pick up the boys and head to friend's for dinner. After dinner I did take Aiden to go get Pokemon cards. I have a confession, Pokemon cards are kind of fun, you get to sort and organize them. I helped Aiden with his new collection and then it was time for bed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails