Sunday, July 27, 2008

pioneer parade








Yesterday, Dale dragged me and the kids to another small town parade. Actually it was only me that needed to be dragged. I'm usually not such a party pooper but I find the parades boring. Amelia caught some beads near the beginning of the parade and was entertained the whole time. Aiden sat across the street with a friend and caught many pieces of candy. I think he's forgotten about that bag... I had to take a picture of the red necks who brought a couch on casters to watch the parade. Lyndie, maybe this would be a good investment for you? The last float of the parade looked like the Clampet's pulling a trailer that was far too big for it. Every time it accelerated it would do a pop a wheelie. Nice. Then we headed over to the petting zoo. Dale was pretty tired by the end of the day and Aiden had to give him a piggyback ride back to the car. Do you notice the cloudy center of the pictures? I think I have really broken the camera this time.

4 comments:

Lyndie said...

Couch on casters??? Friggin' brillant!! (Can't you just hear my Mr. Pibb chilling in my Walmart beer cosie while I'm wolfing down beef jerky and corn nuts from the Arco mini mart while I'm kickin' in on the wheely couch?) LOVE IT!

We missed you at the parade. Of course we were there, too! :) I love small town fun!

Heather said...

Red-neck? how 'bout Rhode scholar! that's thinkin' right there.

Looks like Dale took 2nd place... better luck next year beating the 6 year olds.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, how fun! My daughter would've loved the animals.

Hey, look at me, I figured out "which Jen" you were after I sent you that e-mail. So never mind. Ha.

I love your "overheards." I try to do a similar thing in my journal but am never very good at keeping up with them. This is a great idea to post them here. -Julia :-)

rebecca said...

Way to go Jen, guess you will be getting new camera soon?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails