Monday, July 7, 2008

Sequim










Saturday morning we headed out on a road trip to the peninsula. It was an early morning but we got out on time and drove right onto the ferry! We reached our destination, Sequim, by 10:30. We stopped at the HWY 101 diner for breakfast and it was really good. Such fun retro decor and even a jukebox. I would definitely recommend it to anyone for breakfast or lunch if you are in Sequim!
Next, we headed out to the Olympic Game Farm. It was so fun. You can do a drive through tour and feed the animals. The first animals on the tour are yaks and they are friendly. Right up to the vehicle and poking there heads inside the car. Amelia even got to feed a yak ( I am so much more relaxed with the second child).It was a little freaky if you had your head turned to look out the other window when you turned back there was a yak in your face ( a little bit of screaming from me). The bears were Dale's favorite. They just sat waiting to be thrown bread and then would use there giant claws to bring it to their mouths. Most of the animlas are retired movie actors and the bears definately know how to ham it up. The elk and buffalo were far too large in my opinion to be sticking there heads in cars but Dale and Aiden loved it. I had mine and Amelia's window up by then! Very fun memories. We made a quick stop at the petting zoo until Amelia kept trying to pick up the 'raisins' (goat poop)!
I think I'll stop here and post the rest of the trip later.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the game farm and dungeness spit! The buffalo make me nervous.

Last time we were on Kitchen Dick Rd. we saw a chain gang. They had an acutal sign that said "Sherrif's Chain Gang Ahead". I thought those were only in the deep south and in movies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails