Thursday, August 7, 2008

remember when...


remember when you sent your vcr home with me on the plane to show you were serious about moving here
remember when you used to type my papers and do my laundry while I worked Sunday nights in college
remember when the limo never returned to pick us up from the wedding ceremony and we caught a ride in our friends mini van and the entire wedding party had to be de-doghaired with maxi pads in the parking lot
remember when you drove out here in your sister's 1981 Ford Grenada filled with all your stuff and they pulled you in at the border and I had to come down and pledge that I would only let you stay 3 months
rememeber when we used to dress up in cute couples Halloween costumes: disco Miss Piggy and Kermit, Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, Drew Carey and Mimi
remember when 8 days before our wedding we found out I wouldn't be allowed back in Canada for 6 months and that would mean I couldn't go to our wedding reception or go to work
remember when we woke up the first morning in our first house and it felt like the best Christmas morning ever
remember when you washed all my wool sweaters in hot water before a ski trip in college and to this day you're only allowed to do your own laundry
remember the night we brought Aiden home from the hospital and it felt so awkward and surreal to have a baby in our house
remember when I said yes it was the best thing I've ever done!
Happy 9th Anniversary Dale! Love Jen

4 comments:

Heather said...

that is about the sweetest post I've ever read. Congratulations to both of you!

Erin said...

Love it! That guy sure is a catch, happy anniversary.
Erin

rebecca said...

What an amazing post! You did a great job highlighting some of your special moments as a couple. Heres to 60+ more wonderful years. Way to go.

Lyndie said...

Disco Miss Piggy and Kermit?!?! Drew Carey and Mimi?!?! Please tell me you have pictures!!!

Congrats on 9 years! What happened with your wedding?? Could you go to the reception?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails