Sunday, December 5, 2010

december daily {12.5.10}







Dale and I stayed overnight in Seattle after his holiday party. Even being sans kids I was wide awake before 7am. I feel cheated that even when I could sleep in I never can. Is this what getting old is all about? We had breakfast in bed and then headed to Pike's Place. Traffic was pretty crazy, we couldn't find a parking spot and the market looked unchanged from the last time we were there. We decided to skip it and head further north for a bit of shopping and lunch.  P.F.Chang's for lunch and new winter hats at REI for the both of us. We arrived home to the kids playing checkers with Grandma and Grandpa. My mom, the kids and I tackled the tree that is just not co operating this year. Leaving it alone for a full week did not make the lights magically re light. Why does Christmas feel like such a chore this year? Then it was time for book club! I think this was a record for people not reading the book but it was still a good time. Good food, good drinks and lots of laughs.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love seeing everyone with a smile on their face though, that's the real draw of book club!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails