Thursday, October 18, 2007

pan seared sesame ahi tuna

I bought some ahi tuna steaks at Trader Joe's but have never cooked tuna before. I tried to find a recipe online but no luck. So I tried to recreate a restaurant meal I had once ( the only time I've eaten tuna that wasn't sushi or out of a can) Aiden and Dale really liked it too which is always a bonus!
a package of ahi tuna (Trader Joe's frozen aisle)
cajun spice or some hot seasoning
sesame seeds
2 tsp sesame oil
Heat sesame oil in frying pan, sprinkle tuna steaks with cajun spice (or salt and pepper) and sesame seeds, pan sear for approx 2 minutes each side ( I cooked mine closer to 4 min each side) because I didn't want to serve the family rare fish. Serve with rice and stirfry vegetables ( I had a little wasabi with mine) but it tasted good without it!

1 comment:

Sara Blair said...

sounds yummy! so sad you were out in that weather yesterday...yuck! miss you and hope to see you soon!

-Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails