Tuesday, June 16, 2009

giddy






















Absolutely, positively giddy about this. We have wood baseboards that are pretty banged up, scratched and some old paint splatters on them. When we first moved to this house I had grand plans to replace all the mouldings because they were in such bad condition. It cost over a $100 to replace one wall of baseboards in the living room and dining room so my plans quickly fizzled. There were much more pressing things to fix up. Every once in while the baseboards really irk me. It doesn't matter how clean your floors are when you're mouldings look like crap. Until today... I found some 'Goof Off 2' (water based) in the closet and went to town. I was originally using it take off old paint but quickly realized it cleans up the finish, covers scratches and makes them almost look new! I know, I have an unusual affliction with cleaning products (only the good ones) but I haven't been this happy since I discovered the Mr.Clean Magic Eraser six years ago. Try it! You'll love the results.
* I decided to take some pictures to show why I'm so excited and while I was waiting for the pictures to upload I removed some Sharpie pen marks from the computer keyboard and desk (courtesy of Amleia). This stuff is good!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow!!!! Will for sure have to try it!!!

rebecca said...

where did you get that stuff? I need to get some to hold me over till I replace mine (hopefully next year!!!!)

Jen said...

I think Dale got it at Home Depot or Lowe's. You might not even need to replace your baseboards after this. Seriously.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails