Thursday, August 27, 2009

home office organization part 1


Last week end Dale and I switched around the family room and bought a desk and file cabinet to try and attempt a home office. We have never really had an organized space for bill paying and household management. Gasp, I know. We have the spare bedroom/craft room in the basement but the computer isn't in there and I don't really like other people around my stuff. The file cabinets are in the basement for old bills etc. but where do I keep the few bills that aren't auto pay. School info was to be hole punched and put in a binder that's a little fussy and that's not my style. This morning I labeled the file folders and I was a wee bit giddy about breaking out the label maker. It was almost a Carrie Bradshaw moment in the SITC movie when she sees her new closet. Sooo.. here's my plan for the folders. Keeping in mind we have another place to store old bills, statements, etc.
-Aiden: will have his activity and school info, school phone numbers
-Amelia: activity info
-Bills: bills to be paid
-Dale: anything specific to him that he would need to reference quickly (I'm not really sure right now)
Dining out: take out menus, restaurant recommendations, Papa Murphy coupons
Emergency info: contact info, emergency shutoff for water and gas ( I don't know where that is right now but I plan on asking Dale and writing it down)
Gift ideas: birthday list organized by month, gift ideas and size info, (a lil confession- I make my birthday/Christmas list in the summer when I start to think about how long since I received agift,sigh)
Household: garbage day, recycling info, HOA newsletter, housecleaning schedule etc
Jen: anything specific for me
Meal plan: master grocery list, recipes I'd like to try, meal ideas, meal plans
Party: ideas, magazine clippings, destination info, party catalogs
Receipts: all receipts placed in this file for the month (hopefully we can track our spending better and reduce the outflow!!! also planning to sign back up with www.pearbudget.com this fall)
School: phone lists, newsletters
Vacation: itineraries, info, driving directions, ideas, plane tickets
*If anyone is still reading this and need some haniging file folders I have lots!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails