Friday, August 21, 2009

lemon blueberry zucchini muffins(or 'cupcakes for breakfast' is what Amelia calls them)

I found this recipe on the maya made blog and it is delicious! I may have just scarfed down 4 mini muffins after a run this morning. No wonder I never see any results:)

1 1/2 cups grated zucchini(I used yellow zuchinni)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup maple syrup(I used pancake syrup)
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour(I used whole wheat flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
zest of one lemon
1 1/2 cups fresh berries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix wet and dry ingredients separately and then combine. Add berries last and gently stir until incorporated evenly into the batter. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 of the way to the top. Bake until golden and a toothpick slides out clean...25 minutes.

2 comments:

Mary said...

yummy!

Jennifer Keim said...

sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails