Saturday, August 22, 2009

ornithophobia...

that is what I've got! Last night when we returned home from the fair we decided to continue the party in the backyard. When we got there Aiden discovered a bird had gotten itself trapped inside our cast iron chimnea. I promptly screamed and ran inside. Yelling at Dale to come free the bird and also shouting instructions to Aiden. He bravely opened the door and freed the bird. All the while I stayed inside yelling and gesturing how to free the bird from the window. Not a top ten moment as a mother. It brought flashbacks to last summer when the giant pigeon attacked me for my sandwich at Olympic National Park. It's scurvy claws got caught in my sweater and I had a very similar screaming fit. I hate birds. Also the reason we do no have any strawberry jam or strawberries in our freezer is because I discovered a dead bird in our strawberry patch this year. Uhhhhhh. Those strawberries were dead to me. And then this morning a bird flew into our kitchen window (it must have been because it was so sparkling clean). I peeked on the patio and it was headfirst on the concrete flapping it's wings. Gross,gross,gross. I hate birds.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm with you on the bird thing. YUCK!

Thank you, thank you for your help today. What a gift! And what an amazing friend you are.

Heather said...

me too, you never know if they are mad or happy, blech.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails