Friday, December 14, 2007

oops





Last Sunday after our company left, Dale asked Aiden to get something out of the closet in the basement. I had neglected to tell Dale that a top secret Santa gift had been hastily stashed in there before our party. Next thing we hear a scream of delight as Aiden has discovered "the spiderman web blaster, I've always wanted!" repeated several times! I felt sick to my stomach wondering how I could get out of this. I told Aiden that this present was for his cousin but if he wanted to write Santa a letter I could take some pictures so Santa would know exactly what Aiden wanted. Apparently, Aiden doesn't trust Santa's knowledge of the toy market b/c he made me take a picture of the front, back,sides and bottom! I would like to say that was enough for Aiden but he lay ed beside it on the floor for 20 minutes afterwards staring at it, taking in all the details. I finally had to grab it and run upstairs and hide it behind the couch and tell him the postman had come to pick it up to mail to his cousin. I have a feeling that any chance at the "Mom of the Year" title were ruined that day.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a crack up! I am totally afraid of the stocking bag that I have stashed, what would I do if all that stuff got discovered? Quick thinking on your feet though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails