Tuesday, April 15, 2008

baby bellies and bottles


After dropping Aiden off at school today I heard on the radio that the FDA is planning on listing BPA on the danger list tomorrow. I've dragged my heels long enough I need to replace Amelia's bottles. Doing internet research has been hard because for every study that finds the chemical dangerous there's some expert saying it isn't. I went to Target and they have a full aisle of baby bottles all with BPA in them. I just can't believe it. I finally found some Medela bottles (5 oz) was the biggest I could find that are BPA free. I think Amelia will need free refills with her bottles. Aiden had stopped using bottles at 14 months but Amelia loves them and I think we'll try to stop around 18 months. Does anyone know what sippy cups are safe?
Here's a photo of Amelia's newest obsession, her belly button. And it's not just hers, if you are a guest at our house expect to have your shirt lifted up for a belly button inspection and poke.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Have you looked at the Co-op? I think most places are pushing glass, but that's not too safe for an almost 15 month old! I think the sippy cups are safe, I heard it was certain numbers, and now I notice a lot of the Naglene-type bottles are manufacturing them without BPA.
good luck!

rebecca said...

I have the safe and not safe nubmers at home. I will send to you tonight. Sorry to our older kids who got all the cancer causing agents before we knew better!

BTY, Carson LOVES buttons as well. In fact, he loves belly fat. He will lift my shirt up, poke at it and start laughing. Nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails