Tuesday, April 8, 2008

food stuff


Yesterday I had a vegetable break through with Amelia. She loves raw vegetables but won't touch anything cooked, I don't think she likes the texture. It's terrifying to watch her eat a raw carrot so I don't do it too often. I had made pumpkin muffins a few weeks ago hoping to slide some veggie nutrition her way. She didn't exactly love them and I still had a leftover can of pureed pumpkin so yesterday -

Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait
mix plain yogurt with pumpkin puree, sprinkle cinnamon and a tiny sprinkle of brown sugar
both kids ate 2 bowls and Aiden proclaimed it "the best yogurt in the world!"

I still haven't done anything with my deceptively delicious cookbook but I did get some smug satisfaction in watching Amelia unknowingly gobble up some vegetables this way.

Tonight I am making this spring panzanella from www.smittenkitchen.com. Aiden likes asparagus so it might go over well!(photo from smitten kitchen)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails