Tuesday, May 27, 2008

week end at the cabin









We spent a great long week end at my parent's cabin. We headed up after Aiden's preschool graduation. Amelia doesn't travel as well as Aiden and the five hour drive was real test. Both kids stayed awake the whole time (with the exception of Amelia's 45 minute snooze on the final leg) The rest of the drive Amelia sounded like a caged howler monkey. It was a relief to finally arrive! Highlights of the trip:

-fishing with Aiden and Dale (we started a new tradition of naming the fish we catch) snickersnocker, moby dick, sir beefs alot and his brother but he jumped out of Dale's hands back into the water! I like to reel the fish in but as it gets closer I can't stop screaming and not wanting the slippery wiggly thing near me (this makes it a little harder for Dale)
- eating delicious meals prepared by somebody other than myself, including a full on turkey dinner!
- going out on a 'date' to a local pub for dinner just Dale and I
- watching my kids enjoy time with their grandparents and great grandparents
- having satellite tv and not missing "Grey's" season finale
- learning to ride a quad and going for a ride with my Mom
- enjoying a delicious cup of coffee and cinnamon bun on the cabin deck with my family enjoying the beautiful view
- visiting my parents friend's and watching Aiden lead and ride a horse
- finishing all the craft projects I brought!
- Aiden loving playing outside 8 hours a day

1 comment:

Lyndie said...

sounds like heaven!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails