Friday, December 19, 2008

december daily: day nineteen


I think my favorite part of Christmas is the tree. I remember as a kid sitting in the dark with just the Christmas tree on. It seemed to transform the living room into a magical place. I still love to sit and look at the tree each year. Now I love to admire the ornaments and remember the story behind them. I especially treasure the kids pictures and ornaments on the tree. I don't enjoy the set up or decorating of the tree but I love the finished result. I think a sleepover under the Christmas tree will be a fun tradition when the kids get older. The kids and I love to have the tree on from the minute we wake up until bedtime. Dale the 'eco-electrician' always turns it off when we aren't paying attention.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

duly noted

Erin said...

You're right, and it makes me want to have a better tree. I did that as a kid too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails