Tuesday, December 30, 2008

tis the season

If you know me, you know this is my favorite time of year... to purge and organize! I feel overwhelmed after Christmas about how to accommodate all the new stuff into our home. My 'word' for 2008 has been reduce and it's worked well for me. The majority of the time I have thought about what I am bringing into our home and ..'do I need it,do I love it'. Of course that hasn't always happened especially with the little people in my life but we've definitely made progress. Yesterday I purged our closets and bookshelves. I had always thought books were off limits to decluttering but it felt good to get rid of the books that are never read or I dread reading at bedtime. Look and find books drive me crazy and Aiden only wants to read them at bedtime to prolong going to sleep. I've also really tried the one thing in and one thing out rule. I am really trying to do this with Christmas gifts we've received. Trying to find what the new stuff is replacing. Today I will be taking a car load of stuff to the Goodwill!

2 comments:

rebecca said...

way to go Jen. I have a huge pile in the garage to go as well, it's fun to get rid of the old.

LOL re: the look and find books. I just bought G a new one over the weekend, I LOVE THEM. One mans junk is another treasure.

Brooke said...

good for you! I wish I could muster up the energy to do that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails