Tuesday, February 24, 2009

do you think they like her?


Auntie Ashleigh came for a visit and the kids were thrilled (and their mom too!) I was able to go for a massage in the morning. It was fabulous and I would highly recommend her to anyone in Bellingham. In the afternoon I had another ENT appointment. I have had tinnitus for close to two weeks and I was scheduled for a hearing test. The hearing test showed that I do have the hearing loss associated with Meniere's so now I know. A lifetime of daily medication and a low salt diet. I had really not been following the diet b/c I didn't have any symptoms lately and thought the diuretic was doing enough. After two week of tinnitus and no vertigo/vomiting (yet) I realize that I will have to be careful about salt. He also prescribed a high dose steroid for the next few days that should help with my hearing. Hopefully this steroid will help me at the gym (just kidding, not the same kind).

3 comments:

Erin said...

Jen I'm sorry to hear that. I, on the other hand have hearing loss from screaming children, can I get a steroid for that?
Glad you enjoyed your massage, you deserved it!

Mary said...

Jen...that stinks, I had no idea about the tinnitus and now hearing loss! I will do what I can to help you stay "low sodium" at work (no more Mary comfort food from the cafeteria)...and don't give me your hearing aid, because I have a bad track record of breaking them! LOL!

Heather said...

Glad to hear you have a dianosis... the lifetime of medication isn't so bad, I've been doing it since I was 15!
I'll keep my eye on you... I don't want you taking your roid rage out on me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails