Monday, December 21, 2009

christmas checklist


Ahhh the week of Christmas. I've compiled a little list that will hopefully help me stay on top of my game...

-laundry (do as much laundry as possible before the 24th) especially make sure Christmas jammmies are clean, halfway decent pj's you don't mind being photographed in {I always have a rock star hair-do and hate pics of myself in the morning} clean Christmas outfits for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- do any possible baking and cooking before the 24th
- plan what you're eating for Christmas morning breakfast (we used to make a breakfast casserole but you had to put it together Christmas Eve and I'm pretty sick of cooking by then and run out of room in the fridge) This year will be yummy eggs benedict with the Knorr sauce packet. Quick, easy and yummy.
- make that last minute grocery list and try to shop late at night when the store is much quieter
- stock up on batteries (AA's and C batteries seem to take care of most needs)
- make sure camera batteries are charged
- assemble any gifts you can before Christmas Eve. Last year Dale and I had the unpleasant surprise of assembling a play kitchen for over 2 hours when we were tired and cranky. Not so Merry Christmas!
- have a Phillips screwdriver, scissors and knife accessible but out of children's reach for opening gifts
- have the recycling bin or a big bag handy to put wrapping paper in as you unwrap. Seeing the piles of paper and boxes all over the floor makes me itchy (OCD, I think not!)
- wrap gifts - have hostess gifts wrapped and ready, divide stocking stuffers into separate bags for each person
- pour yourself a drink and sit in front of the Christmas tree and remember everything important has already been done and everything else is good enough.A happy Mom and wife is the best gift I can give my family

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sounds like a good list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails