Monday, January 4, 2010

meal planning with a twist.

I like to cook but I found every week was a scramble to have food bought and prepared for the family (I work every Monday and Tuesday evening). In December I went to a fun cooking class put on by a local catering company. The theme was appetizers and martinis which was very fun but the best part is I learned they prepare and deliver dinners right to your doorstep weekly! The cost for 4 family dinners with leftovers for 1 person for lunch seems to run btwn $60-75 week delivered to my doorstep. My family has enjoyed all the meals and I have decided the price is worth it for us. The time I have saved from having to plan, shop, preapare and clean up meal prep has made the cost worth it. Check it outTwo Tomatoes

5 comments:

rebecca said...

Jen, do you get the family size or regular size meal?

Mary said...

We love it at our house too!! So convienent and easy and really fits into the budget!

Jen said...

I get the regular size ($15) and it works for our family. I have bought the $25 for a salmon entree and stuffed pork roast. Both times it fed two families with leftovers. I think Mary is going to try the larger size with the thought of two dinners!

rebecca said...

Thanks guys, I am so going to try this next week. Planning dinners and shopping are just a pain and if i can come out with more time and less $ spent, i will be one happy mama.

Mary said...

It has made me "one happy mama"!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails