Monday, March 3, 2008

easter decorating ideas


This week end I broke out the Easter decorations. A fun decorating tradition we have at our house is planting a platter of grass. It takes about a week and then you have an adorable centerpiece for the dining room table. Just take any size platter, line with plastic wrap, fill with a layer of dirt (it doesn't need to be very thick) and sprinkle with grass seed. You will need to keep the platter indoors and mist with water each day and keep evenly moist. In about a week you have grass! I have some small candles (more like super sized birthday candles) that I poke into the grass. But really you could put anything in it Easter eggs, baby chicks or bunnies (decorations not real ones). Another idea I found on Martha Stewart this morning are these Easter egg votives which would look very cute in my egg cups. I might just have my Mom make those because she is the candle maker in the family! I will take some pictures of the grass platter next week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails