Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am such a trend setter...

Brooke

Stella

Penelope

Amelia


When I was pregnant, trying to think up a more original name that Aiden's (I had no idea it would be so popular) Amelia's name popped into my head one night driving home from work. In the beginning I couldn't stop associating the name Amelia with Amelia Bedelia or Amelia Erhart but quickly I got over that. I didn't know any other kids by that name and had not heard it uttered on the playground (unlike Aiden). Yesterday while online window shopping for big girl bedding I found the proof I needed that Amelia is becoming a very popular girl name. I can be quoted as saying " I know Amelia is a popular name when Pottery Barn names a doll or a line of bedding after it." And guess what I found? Yep, a line of bedding called 'Amelia'. I think it's a little too trendy being pink and brown but I thought I would put it out as a choice as well. I am drawn to the 'Penelope' bedding despite my mild-moderate bird phobia (birds=also trendy). Then there is the'Brooke'line that has trees (also trendy) but I love the reversible polka dot on the back and finally there is the 'Stella' line that I like but is green, blue and white with no pink and then the pink chandelier that I had to fight long and hard for Dale to put in her room really would seem out of place. So in the spirit of yesterday's election I am asking you to vote on your choice for Amelia's new bedding ( I am giving you 4 choices not 2!). No, I am not moving her into a big girl bed right now but I do like to plan ahead.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Umm,,I like the Brooke one. ;)

Heather said...

I was immediately drawn to the Brooke one (as I love Brooke the person too!)... I wouldn't mind stealing that for Nat's room!

Erin said...

That's my thought too. I like those polka dots on the Brooke and its a pretty darn cute quilt. Fun choices!
Erin

rebecca said...

I LOVE the pink and brown polka dot one!

Grandma said...

Yes, I think the Brooke

Oliver said...

I didn't realize that the name "amelia" was so popular either when I named my daughter. I had never heard of amelia bedelia before until my girl was born and I was worried that my Chinese in-laws wouldn't be able to pronounce the name correctly (I was right but my own family doesnt always say it right either).
Oh, and I like the pink and brown set. My daughter has a similar one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails