Friday, November 7, 2008

wardrobe wars

Yesterday seemed like an infinite battle with Aiden to get dressed. Usually I lay out his clothes the night before and most days he wakes up and gets dressed no problem. Then there are the days he wants to pick his own clothes and usually that means a favorite dirty shirt out of the hamper (I remember having these same battles with my Mom in high school{isn't that gross!}) He wanted to wear a sweater vest with no shirt underneath (I desperately wanted to ask him if that was to show off how 'thin' his arms were but I refrained). He was willing to wear a shirt over top of the vest but not underneath, which just looked ridiculous. Finally he consented on a button up shirt under the sweater vest, jeans but insisted on dress shoes. The dress shoes are two sizes too small but he insisted and by that time I was only thinking 'let this be a lesson that Mama knows best' and you go right ahead and enjoy those blisters on your feet. After a five minute struggle to get the shoes on his feet it was time for outerwear. He doesn't like how 'puffy' his winter jacket is and thinks his fireman rain coat 'is too baby'. The kids are supposed to dress for outside recess regardless of the weather but Aiden showed up at school yesterday all spiffed up with his too small dress shoes and a light fleece jacket. I'm sure his teacher thinks I'm an idiot. In the time Aiden and I were 'discussing' his wardrobe choices, Amelia had pulled a pair of his spiderman underwear overtop of her pants and was running around looking hilarious and I so wished I had gotten a picture of that!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Well Jen at least Aiden still like to take a bath... just wait till that becomes a battle and then when it reverses itself, to never getting out of the shower!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails