Sunday, January 11, 2009

could this mean...

I have a drinking problem? I was just doing a quick tidy of the kitchen while my camera was uploading on the computer. I grabbed two new bottles of wine off the kitchen counter to put away in the dining room. As I was setting the wine bottles horizontal on the wine rack I felt my hand get wet and noticed I had spilled red wine all over the dining room carpet. I yelled at Dale for opening the bottle of wine (I hadn't thought to check, it's his fault, not mine). I was frantically trying to think how to clean the mess out of the carpet (that thankfully is very similar to AstroTurf in the stain department) and remembered you can pour white wine over red and it should make the stain disappear. Ordinarily I would have my box 'o white wine in the fridge that I could have grabbed a glass of and poured on the carpet. But I'm out. I do have one lonely bottle of white on the wine rack (thanks Heather) that I was really hesitant to open just to pour on the carpet. Thankfully water, paper towels and a bit of resolve carpet cleaner did the trick. But now I'm a little concerned that I wasn't willing to sacrifice a small amount of wine to take a stain out of my carpet, that sounds a little serious.

3 comments:

Erin said...

You're not an alcoholic, you're just cheap. And as far as I'm concerned, there's not a thing in the world wrong with that!

Mary said...

You could always run to my house-for wine that is! It is a staple around here, and I'm still in denial.

Heather said...

My MIL is notorious for spilling red wine. You are supposed to pour salt over the wine and the salt will absorb everything...don't waste wine to clean up more wine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails