Thursday, January 31, 2008

Aiden's first trip to the ER

Yesterday Aiden threw up around 10:00 in the morning. Unexpected and out of the blue. After he finished getting sick he started crying and said " I really wish my Dad was here to give me a hug". Sweet but what am I chopped liver? Rubbing your back, handing you kleenexes, making you a cozy 'nest' on the couch etc. He rested for a while and then got sick around noon again. This time he said his neck hurt and he was acting really lethargic and I started to be concerned. I called his doctor's office because they have an advice nurse and same day app't clinic. They were absolutely full and she told me to take hime to the ER. Our wonderful next door neighbors rushed over packed Amelia up and took her to their house. I drove to the ER (were I have never been before) they took our info and we had a seat. Aiden still looked really pale and wasn't moving around much and then after 20 minutes....as always happens when you to take your kids to the doctor/hospital he started to get better. At first I noticed he was starting to fidget and move around more then he started looking around the room and asking questions ( some of them embarrassing). I asked him if his neck still hurt and he moved it all around and said it didn't hurt anymore. I sat for a few more minutes and then decided I didn't want to go through unneccessary tests so I went up to the triage nurse (who I knew) and said I thought I would just take him home. He seemed to be doing a lot better. So that was a first trip to the ER not to be our last I'm sure!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Score! That's an awesome first trip to the ER. Way to go Aiden, now quit scaring your mom like that.

Heather said...

I know exactly what you're talking about... every time we've gone to the ER, the kids start to perk up in the waiting room, and by the time you stick it out long enough to get back to be seen, you feel like a total idiot for dragging your kid there. Glad to hear he is coming back, and it was just the crud. I guess a playdate is out then?

Lyndie said...

Yikes! I'm glad he is feeling better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails