Friday, January 4, 2008

clean sweep

Every January I look forward to cleaning the house top to bottom. I know, it's kind of like an illness. I usually start in the master closet and work my way way through each room cleaning, organizing and getting rid of stuff! I give myself at least a week for each room. I just filled up the back of the jeep with 3 big bags for the Goodwill. They must weigh close to 30 pounds. (that's kind of like losing 30 pounds in 2 days right?)I took some before pictures of our closet and wanted to look into a built in drawers and such for our closet. $2500 -$4000 seemed a little steep so I will be improvising and posting pictures soon. Anyone want to join the challenge - organize your closet and lose at least 10 pounds in less than a week! Email before and after pictures - I would love to see them. Goodwill accepts "anything except computer monitors and mattresses" and that's a direct quote from the guy that accepts my biweekly drop offs. It's starting to become one of my favorite drive thru's! I've sold a few things on craigslist and the consignment store too. *organizing tip - when you collect a bag of donations put it right in your car and then next time you're out and about it's ready to drop off!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

I see you have been playing around with your blog. Hope you got a nap; I read my book, so nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails