Friday, January 11, 2008

wine cork trivet



I made a few of these a couple years ago and they are a great way to re use wine corks. All you need is approx 60 wine corks ( I just realized that sounds like a lot but we collected them over time and asked friends and family to keep theirs) So really it's my family and friends that may need an "Intervention" episode! And that metal ring doo hickie from the hardware store. I used a 6 1/2 inch one.
1) adjust the metal ring to the size you want and set on table
2) place wine corks standing on one end in a circular pattern (inside the metal ring), I started from the outside in ( this part is mildly frustrating)
3) once the circle is full of wine corks adjust the screw on the band until it is quite tight
4) voila you have a trivet!
* other ideas for wine corks is to write the date, special occasion and who you shared the bottle with on the cork and display it in a shallow bowl or in a glass cylinder vase.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I bought a big bag of corks at my cowgirl weekend last year with the intent of doing this, it is so cute and useful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails