Friday, September 5, 2008

first day





Today Aiden started kindergarden. Unfortunately, Dale took the camera on his fishing trip so we scrambled over to a friend's house this morning and used their camera. Aiden seemed to get a little nervous as we approached the school but once inside he remembered where to go and seemed more relaxed. He sat at his desk but he was the first one to arrive in his seating group. I sat beside him and we talked about the fun day ahead. Most parents were videotaping everything in the classroom but I'm glad to have had those few minutes with my boy before I had to leave. Most parents seemed hesitant to leave but I realized their first day of kindergarden wouldn't start until we left. I stood near the door and watched Aiden play with his clay and talk to the boy beside him. He looked up and saw me still there and waved me over. He showed me how he had written his name on his paper. This is a big deal because Aiden doesn't like to write his letters or name without lots of encouragement. I;m hoping this a really good sign for the year ahead.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Geez, what a morning! I hope your afternoon goes much better with Aiden there to lend a hand :)
Erin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails