Monday, September 8, 2008

A real Monday


Today was Aiden's second day of school and I thought it would be good to start walking to and from school unless it's raining. Aiden was sooo slow walking to school I swear he was walking backwards when I wasn't looking. He complained that I was walking too fast and he was tired. So he hopped onto the front of the Amelia's stroller and I pushed both kids to school. Aiden had to get off the stroller before we arrived at school so nobody saw his mode of transportation ( because they didn't see him as they drove past). Aiden tripped and had a big wipe out just before the front door ( you know those bad ones that skin the palm of your hand and you really want to cry but you can't, poor guy).
What I realized within an hour of Aiden being at school is how much I rely on him to keep an eye on Amelia and let me know if she's getting into something. Amelia desperately wants to use the potty but she doesn't get the concept quite yet. Warning graphic content to ensue... after she pooped on the bathroom floor this morning I ran upstairs to get more diapers. I came downstairs and found she had pooped again, this time on the family room carpet and walked through it with her shoes on! Lots of extra cleaning this morning. Then when I was upstairs putting laundry away she got into my scapbooking paper and photos and crumpled and spread them all over the main floor. Then she opened a closed jar of olive oil cream and spread it all over herself and the ottoman in her room. I should also let you know the kids had a toothpaste and toothbrush fight this morning before school and had to change their outfits. And,and, and... before I could start all this extra laundry this morning I had to scrub the laundry room because Dale had spilled the cooler full of fish between the sink and washing machine on Saturday and then we went away overnight and walked into the smelliest stink late last night. Ahhhh.
Here's a picture of Amelia's bear after an unfortunate accident on our summer vacation involing her taking her diaper off.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ugh... I don't remember the boys being this naughty, were we really that much more alert with them? I'd hate to see what our homes would look like if we had more children!

Lyndie said...

Goodness! What a day! Sounds like you have a busy little girl on your hands!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails