Thursday, September 25, 2008

getting things done

I was reading one of my favorite blogs (Simple Mom) yesterday and she was talking about how to become more productive. In order to become more productive you need to write everything down that needs to be done on a master to do list as it comes to mind. There are so many things that pop in my mind daily that I think I'll remember to do and then I don't. While doing 6 loads of laundry and cleaning 4 bathrooms (that's what Wednesdays are like for me) I wrote everything down that popped into my mind. Here's the list:
-bleach bath toys
-change vacuum bag
-buy food coloring
-paint kids bathroom cabinet
-buy fluoride ands kids toothpaste
-write check for Jodi
-buy mirror for kids bathroom
-craigslist old big bathroom mirrors
-complete school paperwork
-write family Christmas lists
-draw names for Christmas
-family picture
-research karate lessons or basketball for Aiden
-make spaghetti pie for dinner
-paint picture frames black
-shower
-pick up Aiden's shorts from shoemaker
-request lizard books from library
-replace batteries in Leapster and mantle clock
-call Dale re class on Saturday
-figure out how to run a 5k by December
-buy Amelia's Christmas present (it's so cute)
-call surgery center re Amelia's ear tubes
-give Tracy back a book I've had for 10 months
-remove the price tag on doormat
-buy dry erase markers
-buy Amelia's Halloween costume supplies
-buy Mom's birthday gift and card
The list filled an entire page. I highlighted the items I needed to go out and buy, completed most of the 5 minute or less tasks and felt like I could get a big chunk of the list done in the next few days. I got off work early last night so I ran to Costco, Michael's and Target by myself and picked up the items I needed to buy it felt so good.

3 comments:

rebecca said...

Wow, your super mom! I would love to do a 5k with you, if you don't make it by December, let me know, the spring sounds like a good goal.

rebecca said...

Wow, your super mom! I would love to do a 5k with you, if you don't make it by December, let me know, the spring sounds like a good goal.

Heather said...

your list made me tired! But I totally know what goes through your mind of what else you need to be doing while your doing something else. There is a viral email joke out there about that syndrome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails