Thursday, February 21, 2008

deceptively delicious


There was a book fair at Aiden's school today and I picked up the "Deceptivley Delicious" cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld. When it first came out I wasn't too interested in the concept. Hiding vegetables in food sounded like too much work when your kid will eat most vegetables and fruit. Aiden is a great eater, his sister is proving to be much pickier. I read the book tonight and I think I will try a few ideas but I'm not a 100% sold on cooking and pureeing vegetables ahead of time and remembering to defrost before preparing a meal. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm with you, it's a great way to pack extra nutrition in the meal for everybody, but it takes more forethought than I usually have available. Plus, if your kids will eat the real thing (veggies in solid form) you gotta keep feeding them those too so they don't slip out of the habit. It's not like the lunch lady is going to puree their green beens into their hamburger at school for them :) Let us know if you find any real winners in there.

Heather said...

Somebody told me if you're feeling lazy and it's on sale, buy baby food.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails