Monday, February 11, 2008

lava hearts




I'm not a big Valentine's person. I'm just not a mushy gushy love person. Since Aiden's birthday is just 2 days beforehand I usually don't even think about it until 2 days before. I was trying to get Aiden involved in a little Valentine project last week and he seems to share my disinterest in the holiday. I had already dragged all the supplies so we WERE going to do it. I couldn't get him interested until I started calling them "lava hearts". We used bits of old crayons (red, white, yellow and pink) placed them on one side of piece of folded wax paper, folded the wax paper over, sealed the sides by folding edges and covered with kraft paper. Then came the fun part, making the crayons into molten lava. We would peek every few seconds to see the crayons being melted by the warm iron. We peeled off the kraft paper and waited a few minutes before we cut out the hearts and hung them by thread!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails